CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Want....

It's safe to say I'm not a great blogger. I WANT to be though. The problem with me is I WANT to do and be so many things. I WANT to be a great cook and make amazing dinners every night my husband could brag about to his friends. I WANT to keep an immaculate house and have it decorated just like a magazine. I WANT to be the best Mom ever and take my kids to every event... read, play, relax, go on walks, to the park ( all while keeping them clean and stylin'.) I WANT to sew and craft all day and come up with cute things no one has ever thought of and I WANT it to be perfect! I WANT to be incredibly healthy and fit. I WANT to work out everyday and only put healthy things into my body. I WANT to restore old furniture and be so proud of the once ugly things I have made beautiful again. I WANT to learn how to type!! Yes that's right I don't know how! This post is being sent to you from 3 of my right hand fingers and 1 from my left. I WANT to be organized and have a spot for every teeny tiny thing I own. I WANT to be kind and serve my community, I WANT to be friendly to everyone. I WANT to be thrifty and save for my future. I WANT to Visit with family and friends often. I WANT to have a career and be successful. I WANT to be great at doing hair and work at a high end salon with an amazing clientele. I WANT to be a great wife and be there for my husband whenever he needs me. I WANT to be handy and know how to use all the power tools and be able to fix or make anything. I WANT to have a beautiful yard and garden. I want to be very spiritual and an example to others. I WANT to be a good neighbor.

I do try hard with some of these things, others I think about often and wish I was. I am such an all or nothing person and with blogging over the past year I've gone with nothing. There have been many times I have thought about blogging this or that, but then I talk myself out of it. I felt like I couldn't just start blogging again after all this time with out a recap (and it would have to be an amazing post to make up that much time). Well I'm going to start right here. I know everyone loves pictures, in the past I felt I couldn't put up a post without them. I've just told myself if I feel like writing about something I'm going to post it. I don't know if anyone out there cares, but I'm doing it for me anyway.

Right now I'm going to try to balance and juggle the best I can. I HOPE to become a great (accomplished) person someday. I know I will NEVER have it all together. Most of all though I WANT to find JOY in my journey!! I've been given so much and I AM grateful!

3 comments:

Shanna and Brad said...

I'm right there with you! Life is such a balancing act and I too am figuring out that you can't be great at everything at the same time. Something's gotta give! I'm sure you are one great mom!

Larsen said...

One year later, you blog something....awesome!!! That's consistent in my book! WANTS are hard. Hang in there!

Mortimer Family said...

Cherie, you want all the same things I want...:) I think we are so hard on ourselves. We have other people in our lives who are good at the things we can't be good at for a reason. Love all the great things about yourself, because there are many, and let everyone else do what they do best. We all learn from each other and are inspired by each other...just like I have been by you. Kevin and your kids are lucky to have you and I am glad to know you!