CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Our baby girl has arrived














Ashlyn Cherie Mortimer born June 25, 5lbs 13oz, 18 1/2 in long. I was 25 when she was born, She was 25 days early, born on th 25th and the 25th grandchild on Kevin's side. :P Here is the story. I'll start a while back since I haven't blogged for quite a while. When I was 30 weeks along I went to the doctor for frequent contractions. He did a test on me that detects a chemical produced during early labor that helps you thin and dilate. I tested positive. He also checked me and said I was pretty thin and dilated to a 1. Concerned enough I was put on bed rest. When I was 34 weeks everything had stayed about the same and the bed rest stopped the contractions so I was able to do a little more. Not much though because my sciatic nerve was killing me and her head was so low I could barely walk. The day I turned 36 weeks I started having contractions 5 minutes apart. I was really having to breathe through them and since I have a history of fast labors I decided to go in. I was dilated to a 3 80% effaced and -1 station but I stayed the same as they watched me for an hour so I went home. I was really grateful because I really wanted to make it to at least 37 weeks. At 36 weeks and 3 days I was having a lot of cramps during the night and about 6:00 in the morning I started having pretty strong contractions. Not wanting to have the baby yet I thought maybe a bath would help me relax. But they kept coming. I had to yell to wake Kevin up to help me out of the bath. Still not wanting to go in I got ready and tried to relax again. At 7:30 I was in so much pain I knew we had to go in. We dropped the Kids off at the neighbors and headed to the hospital. For some reason Part of my uterus would not stop contracting. It just kept getting tighter and tighter. It was becoming so painful I couldn't take it anymore. Kevin had to get me a wheel chair because I couldn't walk. And as he pushed me every bump he had to go over made me scream out in pain! I just couldn't hold it back, it was kind of embarrassing. :) The Doctor was worried about both me and the baby because both our heart rates were pretty high. He had me sign some consent forms for a c-section which scared me a little. After an hour of fluids and antibiotics( I hadn't tested for strep B yet) I was able to get my epidural and things got a lot better. I was so exhausted from the pain though I didn't know if I had the strength to push. Thankfully She was so small that I didn't have to push... Not even once! She just came out as I was trying to sit up! It was such a blur! She looked so tiny and didn't cry much I was so worried her lungs weren't developed, but she was totally fine and didn't spend any time in the NICU. We are so blessed to have her in our home and she has been such a good baby! 3rd time really is the charm! My calmest baby yet. She never cries! The boys are in love with her and get so excited when they get to hold her.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on your baby girl! She is so darling! I would love to see you sometime if you make it to IF. Just let me know so I could see you!

Kasi Lee said...

Congratulations, Cherie! I definitely need to see your newest addition! I hope you are feeling well!

David and Kendra said...

Congrats! she is so cute. Make sure to sit and enjoy that sweet baby because they sure don't stay so little for long. sure do miss you!

Kendria said...

Congratulations to you and Kevin! How fun to have a girl now too!

Unknown said...

What a story (even though I heard it already) it's still so CRAZY to read again. I didn't know all the 25 stuff...wow! How cool.
She's so adorable Cherie. I still can't believe how tiny she is. I imagine my baby to be the size of your baby (just mine is still inside). Guess we'll see who weighs more in just a few weeks! (the babies I mean, haha). Love the pics!

Carling Family said...

She is beautiful! I bet that was a scare trying to make it to 37 weeks. I am so happy she came here so healthy! Congrats you look gorgouse too!

Bleak's said...

I knew you had to be due soon so I thought I would check your blog. I didn't realize you had her a MONTH ago. Congrats!!! I am glad everything went ok... well after the terrible pain. :) That's crazy about all the 25's. Kind of cool. Well I hope everyone is doing great. I am getting so excited for our little girl to arrive!

Shanna and Brad said...

What a little beauty! I'm so glad that she arrived healthy and well and that you are doing okay. Congratulations! I'm kind of jealous that you didn't have to push much:) But I'm happy for you at the same time.